Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pantone's Radiant Orchid inspiration



This year, Pantone announced Radiant Orchid as it's color of the year. I happen to love this pick, especially over last year's color, which was an emerald green. There's been lots of talk about this choice in the blogging world and even a quilting contest designed around the color - The 2014 Pantone Quilt Challenge: Radiant Orchid. Read more about it here and here. Participants have up until the end of March to create something - minis, quilts and just the top - using this color.

I'm not sure exactly what I have in my stash along these lines, but I'll be using some spare time today to do a little digging! In the mean time, enjoy some inspiration featuring this year's color. Some are photos from entries into the quilt challenge, while others are just creations that showcase the color purple and compilations of color palattes.


I'm thinking a pillow would be really fun to make for this contest - a chance to dip my toes in a color I don't work with very much. However, since I'm determined to sew from my stash this year, it'll have to come out of what I have (so some digging is required, as my fabric is in a variety of large Rubbermaid totes in the basement). If you want to join in, here's the button for the contest:


2014 Pantone Quilt Challenge: Radiant Orchid

1 comment:

  1. Nice inspiration. Do you watch the Olympics? I seen some cool inspiration there too :-)

    ReplyDelete