Sunday, July 13, 2008

Check out my very cool new print

This piece is titled "February Journal" and was created by mixed media artist Dolan Geiman, who happened to be the featured artist at the Art Fair on the Square in Madison, Wisconsin this weekend.

I had been eying his work on Etsy for a couple of months now and was pleased to meet him in person. He was kind enough to pose with his horse collage (I'll post a picture tomorrow)!

While the original was a tad bit out of my price range, the print was in it, so I'm the owner of one of 100 11x14-inch prints. I can't wait to frame it up and add it to my walls.

It was fair to say that everyone in my group just ate this guy up. My sister's friends each bought a couple of things from him and my mom splurged and got three boxed prints, including one large one of "Bluebird" for in the grandkid's room at her house.

I also couldn't resist picking up an art fair T-shirt, seeing as how he designed it.

Look for another post with picks and links to other art fair artists tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jen! Thanks again to you and your family for supporting Dolan's work! Your blog is lovely and we appreciate you writing about us!!

    -Danny, assistant to Dolan & Ali

    ReplyDelete